Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Epidural? Yes, Please!

As I mentioned in the previous post, our daughter, Wrigly Kay Williams was born on April 1, 2010. Here is a quick summary of what went down that wonderful day!

Upon arrival to the hospital at 7:00 am, they got us checked in and started me on Pitocin, which is a drug that is used to induce labor. It didn't take long for contractions to start. I was pretty comfortable until about 8:15 when the doctor came in to break my water to really get the process started. I can honestly say that having my water broke was the most painful thing I experienced during the labor process. Contractions really sped up after my water broke and I started getting very uncomfortable. At that point I got the epidural about 2 hours later. It was smooth sailing after that. I was dilating pretty quickly and everything seemed to be progressing well. Around 1:00 they noticed that the baby's heartrate was dropping really low periodically. They attributed that to the positon I was in, so they kept making me switch the sides I was laying on. When that didn't seem to resolve the issue, they called my doctor to the hospital, because they were suspecting that I would need a C-section if she wasn't born soon. I was completely dilated when my doc got there and we decided we would try to push to see if she would be born quickly. That wasn't going quick enough, so they wheeled me into an OR and did the C-Section.

You can see the worry on my face here...I was so anxious to meet my daughter and was praying that everything would go ok...














Kelly was looking good in his scrubs...


















The process was quick, and in a few short minutes our baby girl had arrived. Hearing her cries then was one of the most anticipated and beautiful sounds and I was so overjoyed. (Now those cries aren't quite as welcomed. Here is a pic of our baby girl, Wrigly Kay...















I absolutely love this next picture. The anethesiologist took some pictures, and they are all just priceless. Although I was quite drugged up, I remember everything very clearly. The happiest moment of my life....meeting my daughter!














Smiling right after birth...JUST PERFECT!

No comments:

Post a Comment